If you were a superhero what would your superpower be?
Even if you’re not shooting lasers from your eyes or webs from your hands, we all have superpowers we use in everyday life. Whether you’re able to tune into others' emotions, organize people or have laser-like focus, these are all superpowers.
If you’re curious to know the top superpowers of each Enneagram type, read on! Here are the top three strengths you have and should be taking advantage of.
Enneagram Type 1 - The Perfectionist
As the Enneagram type with the biggest emphasis on following the rules, your Type 1 superpowers are heavily weighted towards order and control. You are hardworking and responsible and your superpowers reflect that:
- Practicality – You’re practical, methodical and predictable, not driven by lofty ideas. This makes you great in a crisis.
- Control – You’re steady, responsible and focused on meeting your obligations and the standards you have set for yourself. You’re always in control and that makes you an amazing employee and friend.
- Loyalty – With your strong sense of right and wrong, you can be trusted to do the right thing and stick with the people who are important to you. People always know where they stand with you.
Enneagram Type 2 - The Giver
Enneagram Type 2s are natural caregivers. You’re warm, open and sensitive. This means your superpowers lie in your ability to help and connect with people and use your emotional intelligence for good:
- Empathy – You are great at identifying and even anticipating the emotions of people around you and in doing so, you can support them.
- Altruism – You’re selfless and have a huge concern for the wellbeing of others – even complete strangers. You’ll even give up your own needs to help others.
- Approachability – Your warm smile and kind eyes help people immediately feel at ease around you and open up to you.
Enneagram Type 3 - The Achiever
Enneagram Type 3s need to achieve and be admired for it. Your superpowers lie in your ability to work a crowd and the way you approach life with such focus and energy:
- Charisma – You’re a master at first impressions, able to win someone over from the get-go! You’re a top conversationalist and always polite and polished.
- Confidence – You are blessed with self-assurance and this helps you approach every task or social situation with energy, focus and positivity.
- Productivity – You are hugely goal driven and can be incredibly productive. If you set your mind to something, you won’t stop until you achieve it and win big.
Enneagram Type 4 - The Individualist
A Type 4's superpower lies in their ability to simply be themselves. You’re known for your unique, offbeat personality, and you’re not afraid to be whoever you want to be, regardless of what everyone else thinks:
- Creativity – You’re a true individualist who expresses yourself creatively, through imagination and experimentation – this is truly one of your superpowers.
- Compassion –You are compassionate and loving and you have a deep capacity to understand complex emotions both in yourself and others.
- Authenticity – You love to present your true self to the world and are genuine, open and honest. You don’t change yourself for anyone!
Enneagram Type 5 - The Investigator
For Type 5s, nothing excites you more than the pursuit of knowledge. You dig deep into interesting topics and use all your energy to learn and scrutinize life:
- Inquisitiveness – You are endlessly curious and fascinated by unexplored realms and ideas. Your superpower lies in your ability to simplify complex theories into something anyone can understand.
- Focus – You hold an incredible ability to ignore social niceties and convention and focus your energy on one thing entirely. This laser-sharp focus is a huge strength of type 5s, even if it might not seem like it to friends!
- Steadiness – You stay calm no matter what is happening around you. You take issues one step at a time. When the world is falling apart, you’re the one everyone wants to have by their side.
Enneagram Type 6 - The Skeptic
At the heart of the Type 6 personality type is a desire for preparedness. You want to be ready for anything and this makes you extremely organized, efficient and well-connected. You fit well into different social groups and value trust and security above all else:
- Organization – Detail-oriented, responsible and orderly, you have a superpower for organization. You are methodical and precise and always have a plan in place.
- Communication – You are a clear communicator and this helps you fit easily within different social groups.
- Trustworthiness – You are both extremely trustworthy and you trust others easily. You are the person others ask to keep a secret, respect their privacy and look out for them, which makes you an incredibly loyal and respected friend.
Enneagram Type 7 - The Enthusiast
Endlessly energetic and enthusiastic, Type 7s live their lives with a glass-half-full outlook. You’re always ready for new discoveries and you approach the world with curiosity and excitement:
- Multitasking – You always have multiple projects on the go and fill your world with new ideas and opportunities. You have a superpower for having many plates in the air at the same time and never getting tired.
- Optimism – If you’re looking for someone to brighten up every situation, look no further than a 7! You have a natural optimism and positivity and shine like sunbeams in every scenario.
- Energy – You are always busy and buzzing with a story to tell or an idea for an adventure up your sleeve. Your superpower is your ability to turn every occasion into a party.
Enneagram Type 8 - The Challenger
The Type 8 personality type is strong and fierce. Your superpowers are superpowers in the traditional sense, resting on your leadership, fearlessness and ‘hero’ ideals. You strive to be there for the people who need you and stand up for what you believe in:
- Protectiveness – You are generally brave and have a strong sense of justice. You will protect people you perceive as being weaker and strive for honesty and fairness.
- Fearlessness – You overcome your fear of being vulnerable by presenting a fearless face to the world. You wade into any situation with your armor on and are a powerful force to be reckoned with.
- Determination – Presented with a problem, you will do everything you can to find a solution. You are determined and direct and approach problems head on.
Enneagram Type 9 - The Peacemaker
Always looking for harmony and balance, the Type 9 likes to live a calm, easy life. You’re gentle and mellow and your superpowers rest on your ability to diffuse conflict and help everyone get along.
- Stability – Though it might seem like a boring superpower, your biggest strength is creating stability in every environment you’re placed in, no matter how rocky.
- Humility – You are very humble. You don’t look for recognition or accolades and regularly place other people’s needs above your own.
- Persuasiveness – You are a brilliant mediator. You’re extremely skilled at diffusing conflict and can be incredibly persuasive when you want to be. This superpower comes in handy when tensions rise in a social group – you bring everyone back into balance.