DISC Personality Assessment
Typical completion time: 10-15 minutes
Quickly understandable, broadly beneficial
Created by psychologist William Moulton Marston almost 100 years ago, the DISC system is a simple yet elegant way to describe human emotion and behavior. Marston’s system includes four primary types, which we have updated for contemporary audiences as Drive, Influence, Support, and Clarity. While everyone has all four capabilities, in this theory, each of us tends to rely on one or two of those primarily:
- Drive: assertive, results-oriented behavior; taking charge, making decisions, and taking risks.
- Influence: inspiring and persuading others, using communication, relationships, and excitement.
- Support: being helpful and caring toward others; noticing and serving others.
- Clarity: precise, detail-oriented, and focused tasks, independent and well-defined.
Why the DISC assessment can enhance your team, startup, or workplace:
- Simple system is easy to understand and use, with four primary types and eight subtypes.
- Focus on behavior that others see and experience for practical, actionable insights.
- Provides a simple framework to help build balanced teams.
- Highlights personality factors most essential for different work styles.