Q. How long does the TypeFinder® for Career Planning test take to complete?
A. The test consists of 110 questions, plus a few additional clarifying questions if necessary to be sure of your result. It takes about 15 minutes to complete.
Q. What information will I get in my results?
A. When you complete the test, you will first be shown a brief, free summary of your results and career recommendations. Then, you may choose to unlock your full report for a small fee. To see what you can expect from your full report, check out this TypeFinder® for Career Planning sample report.
Q. Is this test really free?
A. You do not need to purchase or register to take this career test and view an overview of your results. If you would like, you can purchase a more comprehensive full report for a small fee.
Q. I want to know which career is right for my personality type. Will this test help?
A. This personality test is based on Myers and Briggs' theory of sixteen personality types and is specifically designed to help you discover the right career for your type. Taking this career test is more accurate than simply looking at a list of jobs for your personality type because it measures your interests as well as your type, giving you a personalized list of careers that suit your unique profile.
Q. Is this test accurate?
A. No personality test is accurate for everyone, but this test has been researched extensively to ensure it is valid and reliable, using a variety of statistical methods. It is based on two of the most widely used and trusted theories in career planning: Myers and Briggs' system of personality typing, and psychologist John Holland's theory of career interest assessment.
Q. I'm looking for the official MBTI® assessment. Is this it?
A. The MBTI® is the original assessment developed by Isabel Myers and Katharine Briggs. The TypeFinder® is based on Myers and Briggs' theory, but is not the same as the MBTI® assessment. Some key differences:
The MBTI® Assessment
- Developed by Isabel Briggs Myers
- Based on theories developed by C.G. Jung, Katharine Briggs and Isabel Myers
- Assesses personality type only
- Available through certified practitioners or online
- Results give a 3-page, general overview of your personality type (online version)
- Report costs $49 (for MBTI® Online)
The TypeFinder® for Career Planning
- Developed by Truity
- Based on theories of Myers and Briggs, as well as career psychologist Dr. John Holland
- Assesses personality type and career-specific interests
- Available online
- Results give in-depth information specifically targeted to help you make career decisions
- Basic results are free, or choose to purchase an expanded report
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Myers-Briggs, and MBTI are registered trademarks of The Myers & Briggs Foundation in the United States and other countries. Truity has no affiliation with the organizations publishing or holding rights to the MBTI® assessment.