The TypeFinder® for the Workplace
Typical completion time: 10-15 minutes
A few minutes to test, ongoing team value
Assessments based on Isabel Briggs Myers’ theories are some of the most common in workplaces; these theories have been validated by decades of research. (Read here for more on the history, uses and our methodology.) Our user-friendly, 70-question TypeFinder® test builds on Myers’ well-known system, and provides depth and insight from our large-scale, diverse dataset. Your personality is assessed on four dimensions:
- Extraversion vs. Introversion
- Sensing vs. Intuition
- Thinking vs. Feeling
- Judging vs. Perceiving
Your results on each dimension are combined to create your four-letter type code, for example INTP or ESFJ. The TypeFinder® helps teams learn a common framework for describing differences in work style — such as an Introvert’s preference for time to develop their opinions, or an Extravert’s preference for working in groups.
Why the TypeFinder® for the Workplace can benefit your team:
- Drive deeper understanding of the diversity of strengths — especially as managers and project leaders.
- Improve teamwork, communication and conflict resolution, as teams gain awareness of different thinking and decision-making approaches.
- Fuel professional development with enlightening, in-depth and personalized reports. Our report covers all aspects of one’s personality on the job, from leadership and teamwork, to communications style and growth opportunities. See a sample report here.
- Explain different leadership styles and how others might perceive and react to them.
- Identify constructive ways for managing workplace stress.